The use of lasers in medicine and dentistry has been astoundingly productive. They've cut down on treatment times, virtually eliminated pain, greatly increased the number of treatment options and enormously improved treatment accuracy and predictability.
The Nd:YAG laser is a "low level laser", meaning that it's smaller than many other lasers, cooler, and less powerful. That makes it very suitable for precise dental work and it's been approved by the FDA for dental use. The laser's beam is absorbed by hemoglobin (in blood), which makes it an excellent tool for gum treatments since it causes very little bleeding.
At Nature’s Design Dental, our laser dentistry team uses it for gum treatments, including gum surgery, and removal of diseased or dead gum tissue.
Benefits of the Nd:YAG laser
- All lasers produce some heat, and our Nd:YAG laser uses a stream of cool water to prevent any discomfort from heat
- It's a safe and non-invasive alternative to traditional incisions
- It provides increased precision for gum shaping and removal of damaged tissue
- It sterilizes the treated area
- It desensitizes painful, exposed surfaces, making anesthetic needles unnecessary
The future of dentistry has arrived. Lasers have been used successfully for years in a wide variety of medical treatments from laser eye surgery to cosmetic procedures. Now laser technology allows your dentist to work quicker, with increased precision, while offering you the ultimate in comfort.
For more information on our technology, please use these links:
See our patient testimonials about their NdYAG treatment.
For more information or to book an appointment at our Tsawwassen, Delta BC dental practice please contact us today.