Composite Fillings are a safe, natural-looking alternative to the metal amalgam fillings used by dentists for so many years.
Composed of a safe, sturdy, hardened ceramic material, Composite (Mercury-Free) Fillings can replace decayed tooth material, leaving you with teeth that look and function just like natural teeth.
The procedure for tooth colored fillings is safe, effective and non-toxic, in addition to providing you with a clean, white, healthy looking smile. Many people come for a filling upgrade and have their old amalgam fillings replaced with more attractive Composite Fillings.
Removing Mercury Fillings
We use International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology protocol for proper mercury amalgam removal.
Is there a proper way to remove Mercury Fillings?
To prevent additional mercury exposure, find a biological dentist properly trained in mercury filling removal. Patients should inquire about the following amalgam removal protocols:
- Utilizing an efficient suction system in the oral cavity with a special tip or its equivalent to contain amalgam particles and mercury vapour
- Operating a vacuum system at maximum efficiency
- Applying copious amounts of water to the filling during removal
- Removing the amalgam in large segments to minimize the generation of mercury vapour and amalgam particulate
- Providing the patient and dental staff with a mercury-free source of air